Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Melvins!!!




When I learned the Melvins set up residency at Spaceland during the month of January I knew I had to go, even if it meant selling my ovaries for a scalped ticket. Luckily there are still some decent individuals who adhere to the gig dogma of selling the extra ticket at face value (thank you Joe of West Hollywood).

The Houdini show went something like this; Dale and Coady’s synchronized drumming sounded like a Minotaur stampede, while Buzz's vocals sounded like the hungry moan of the beast. The Melvins devoured the audience alive.


Words cannot capture the behemoth sound or commanding performance the Melvins gave, but I ran across some photos that summarize the show properly. The photos were taken at the Showtime in Seattle by Jackie Canchola (http://jackiecanchola.com). She has some amazing photos.








No comments: